Silent Yachts 55
- Hull TypeMultihull
- Hull MaterialGRP
- Number of Cabins3
- Number of Bathrooms3
- Engine2x Silent Cruiser Propulsion - 2 x 50 kW electric motors 50kW
- Engine Year2022
- Engine hours0
- FuelElectric / Solar
- Fuel Capacity600
- Drive TypeShaft
- Length Overall (m)16.70
- Length Waterline (m)16.52
- Beam (m)8.46
- Draft (m)1.20
- Displacement (kg)23000
- Manufacturer Overview
- Model Overview
- Technical Specifications
- General Information
Silent Yachts presents the first and only ocean going production yachts in the world that are fully solar sustainable and powered by solar energy. Pure solar-powered luxury.
Everything started with a piece of white paper, a pencil and a spirit for innovation. Silent Yachts was founded on the dream of eliminating the major downfalls of yachting as well as the minimising the effects on the environment without sacrificing the slightest bit of luxury. The future of luxury yachting is individualistic, noiseless, self-sufficient and honouring nature and the environment.
Imagine starting every morning with an awe inspiring sunrise and ending the day with a breathtaking sunset! Watch, smell, feel nature and be aware that you take responsibility for the environment. Ease out, relax and enjoy the most beautiful and interesting places to cruise on Earth.
A new class of yachting is on the rise.
Freedom from the need to return to the shore ensures a refreshingly autonomous experience onboard the Silent Yachts 55. With solar power and a wide range of options to make untethered cruising a joy, the only reason to enter a marina is to explore exciting new places or pick up local delicacies to try.
In 2019, the Silent 55 won the “Best of Boats Award” in the category “Best for Travel”. This specific category is defined as “suitable for long distance travels with all amenities to live on board permanently, adapted for both inland waters and the tough conditions at sea”. She can easily be handled by two people, making the Silent 55 ideal for families cruising with or without additional crew.
On deck, guests often gravitate towards the padded nets on the foredeck where they can feel a connection to the water through a gentle breeze and the motion of the boat as it cruises. When under way all that can be heard is the gentle swish of water around the hull and the soothing sounds of the natural environment.
The cavernous interior space is simply extraordinary. In particular, the master suite of the four cabin version is a true beauty, straddling the entirety of the hull and with all of the luxurious touches, home comforts and high quality fittings to make life a breeze.
The twin hulls and wide beam endow the Silent Yachts 55 with an inherent stability, creating what genuinely feels like a private floating island and a tremendous base to relax in peace or to entertain in style.
The versatility of this pioneering vessel is impressive. It can accommodate a variety of different propulsion systems, such as cruiser, e-power and e-power plus according to the needs and personal preferences of the owner. This Cruiser version propulsion system is the ideal entry into the world of solar powered noiseless cruising. Two electric motors allow you to seamlessly glide towards the horizon providing high levels of comfort, making this option suitable for long term economic cruising. Furthermore, the solar-electric drivetrain features unprecedented levels of reliability and security with almost zero maintenance work needed.
Silent Yachts also offers the option of a fully automatic towing kite. It flies at altitudes between 70m and 140m where winds are far stronger than at the level of the vessel. At those altitudes it has a dynamic flight pattern, which resembles the shape of a figure 8. For this reason, the kite generates up to 10 times more power per square metre compared to a conventional sail.
• Length overall: 16.70m
• Length at waterline: 16.52m
• Beam overall: 8.46m
• Draft: 1.20m
• Height overall: 4.35m
• Light displacement: 23 tons
• Water: 500L
• Waste Water: 2 x 475L + 1 x 135L
• Fuel: 2 x 300L
• Propulsion: Cruiser version
• Cruising speed: 6 to 8kn
• Max speed: 13 to 14kn
• Solar Panels: 10kWp
• Range: Trans-Ocean
• 8 Years warranty for the battery banks
• 25 Years warranty for the solar panels
• Lifetime warranty for the electric motors
• CE Certification: A: 12 B: 12 C: 16 D: 20
• Cruiser Propulsion: 2 x 50 kW electric motors on shafts, 100kW diesel generator, 150kWh lithium battery, 2 x speed control, 2 x motor and battery display
• Interior Layout VERSION 3 3: 1 full-width VIP-cabin in the front, 2 VIP-cabins with en-suite bathrooms in the hulls total of 3 cabins and 3 bathrooms
• MEDITERRANEAN air conditioning system 50.000 BTU, high efficiency sea-water cooled chilled water system, super silent, energy efficient inverter technology; outlets in every cabin and 2 in the salon - each room separately adjustable. Reversible heat pump to heat the interior in cold conditions
• White gel-coat on hull
• Real wood veneer finishes on all interior furniture in a range of woods including walnut, teak, maple and oak
• Range of colours, fabrics and finishes on floors and surfaces
• Cockpit sofa and white tables
• Stainless steel sink
• Watermaker 90L/h
• Shades and blinds
• Large Fridge Freezer with ice maker
• Transom shower with hot and cold water
• Swimming ladder
• Flybridge furniture and table
• Rigid sunroof over flybridge
• Shore power connection with fuse
• Inverter and charger
• Anchor and chain with windlass
• Documentation and commissioning package, CE certificate, launching, 3 x antifouling, 1000 L Diesel, 30 kg galvanised Jambo anchor plus 100 m galvanised chain 10 mm, 8 cylinder fenders, spliced ropes, mooring lines 5 x 25 m, handover including full detailing, technical and sailing introduction
• E-Power Propulsion: 2 x 150 kW electric motors on shafts, 150kW V6 diesel generator (commercial rating), 225kWh lithium battery, 2 x speed control, 2 x motor and battery display
• E-Power Plus Propulsion: 2 x 250 kW electric motors on shafts, 150kW V6 diesel generator (commercial rating), 300kWh lithium battery, 2 x speed control, 2 x motor and battery display
• A range of additional cabin options and bespoke layouts are available
• Additional battery packs, chargers and inverters are available
• Additional fuel tanks for long-range or worldwide cruising
• Kite additional propulsion package installed on the foredeck
• Coloured or foiled hull
• TROPICAL air conditioning system 100.000 BTU, high efficiency seawater cooled chilled water system, super silent, energy efficient inverter technology; outlets in every cabin and 2 in the salon - each room separately adjustable. Reversible heat pump to heat the interior in cold conditions
• Webasto heater for heating of the yacht interior, incl. electronic control box and outlets for cabins, bathrooms and salon
• Raymarine: 4 x Axiom HybridTouch Multifunction Display with EU silver card, 2 x Tridata i70 incl. repeaters showing wind, echo, speed, temperature, hydraulic Autopilot, ACU200 computer, EV1 compass, GPS, rudder sensor, hydraulic pump and accessories
• Wide range of interior and exterior fabrics and finishes
• Additional household appliances for example dishwasher
• Real teak bow seats
• Side thrusters and docking systems
• Artificial teak or real teak floor surfaces
• Bose entertainment system
• Satellite TV system
• Nightview camera systems
• Security camera system
• Additional LED lighting, downlights and underwater lighting
• Silent Yachts captain for training of the skipper or owner
• Electric carbon passarelle with remote control
• Additional transom shower
• Hydraulic stern platform as tender lift and bathing platform
• Flybridge furniture and wide choice of finishes
• Retractable sunroof on flybridge
• Heating and air-conditioning systems
• Washing machine and dryer with upgrade options
• Additional fresh and waste water storage
• Watermaker system upgrades
• Additional electric outlets
• Shore power cable
• Raymarine navigational packages
• VHF AIS and radar packages
• Side thrusters and docking systems
• CCTV Raymarine system
• Additional noise insulation for generator
• Anchor and chain upgrades
• Offshore life raft with dedicated storage space
• Additional upgraded fenders and ropes including pneumatic fenders
Conditions of Sale
Net price for base yacht on Incoterms 2020 EXW (ex works; also excluding freight and/or delivery charges, importation and/or customs duties if applicable, VAT and/or sales taxes of the particular country of end sale). Quotation on request for Incoterms 2020 DDP (delivered duty paid; including all freight and/or delivery charges, importation and/or customs duties if applicable, VAT and/or sales taxes of the particular country of end sale). We can offer this service throughout the UK and Europe.
Price of yacht based in EUR. Can be quoted in a variety of other currencies including GBP on request.
The Company offer the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Errors and omissions excepted.
In order to best assist you we may need to discuss your needs with the manufacturer of your chosen product. By enquiring, you consent to your data being passed to such an organisation who you should contact directly regarding any UK or worldwide GPDR or data handling queries.
All Vessels, Engines and Goods sold by Grosvenor Yachts Ltd are bought by a Customer strictly in accordance with the Conditions of Sale of the Company. These can be found at https://grosvenoryachts.com/conditions-of-sale.
Please note our Return and Order Cancellation Policy at: https://grosvenoryachts.com/return-and-order-cancellation-policy.
Please contact our specialists at Grosvenor Yachts for more information about this yacht.
T 0330 11 30 800
With offices located at Knightsbridge in Central London and another at Falmouth in the West Country, Grosvenor Yachts excels in the sales of both new and approved pre-owned motorised leisure boats and yachts, new tenders and engines, and a wide variety of water based toys and towables. For more information about us, the brands we represent and our current listings, please visit our website at grosvenoryachts.com.
Grosvenor Yachts has two offices that are open from 9:00am to 5:30pm on Monday to Friday. Our London office address is Michelin House, 81 Fulham Road, London, SW3 6RD and our Falmouth address is PO Box 343, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 9EA. We would like to ensure that you do not waste a journey, so please contact us before travelling to either of our offices in order to make certain that the relevant person is available.
We are proud to be members of the British Marine Federation and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.